If You Are Overrun by Rabbits….
If you do have more rabbits than Sainsbury’s call us on 0800 0283 703 for free expert advice.
At Strathearn Pest Control, we’ve gone back to the future and are using nature to combat nature. There’s a lot to be said for the old saying, if it aint broke, don’t fix it. And where our industry has developed all sorts of new technologies there are just some things that can’t be improved upon. And that’s true of our newest team members.
Enter our secret weapons, Bill, Ted and their friends.
We currently have 4 ferrets and believe ferreting is a humane and effective way of eradicating a resident rabbit population. Ferrets have been domesticated for over 2500 years and have been used for hunting rabbits since Roman times. Bill and Ted are ideal for chasing them out from their warrens:
- Long lean build ideal for getting down holes
- Very inquisitive, very curious
Our ferreter follows a number of steps to ensure the prefect result:
- Survey the site and adjoining areas
- Check the warrens are inhabited – look for signs of activity, digging, dropping
- Set a variety of nets over burrows and bolt holes
- Release ferrets down the tunnels to chase out rabbits
- The ferrets’ scent alerts the rabbits who make their escape
- The rabbits are caught up in the net as they break ground and are humanely dispatched
So, if you have got rabbits, then our specialist team – Master Ferreter, Bill and Ted stand ready to solve your problem.
Please contact us on for free advice on 0800 0283 703.